i wish more women would see the gifts of a pregnancy for what they are. those final days when they are *so ready* to be done with pregnancy and *just* have their baby--as if a pregnancy always means a healthy baby. those are the days i relive so clearly. not just the ones where i had a sneaking suspicion that everything was not ok, but the ones where he was anticipated with joy and excitement and such high hopes. i loved those days. i love them even more now. i recognize them as the gift they were. i did not wish them away then--he wasn't *allowed* to come before his due date because my parents couldn't get here before then. i would not wish them away now, even though now they are accompanied by the pain of loss and the longing of what will never be.
7 years has given me some healing, some extra coping abilities, some strength, and probably most importantly some perspective. thank you, my peanut, for all of those gifts and for choosing me. i love you, and i miss you every second, every minute, every day.
4 comments:
My heart aches for you as I read this. Hugs to you. I am glad I met you Halo.
Hugs to you my dear friend.
I can not imagine the pain that you go through. I am glad to see you recognizing the positives that come from some time and perspective. Your positive outlook is an inspiration to me!
I remember those final days of pregnancy...just wishing it would be over. I feel so blessed that I have had four healthy children. Thanks for giving me that perspective.
hugs.more hugs.
so many gifts.
Post a Comment