Friday, August 1, 2008

so true

From the outside
You cannot understand . . .
From the inside
You cannot explain.

we saw this painted on the tailgate of a little old green truck in santa fe. it was part of someone's Vietnam Veteran's Memorial. but the words ring true for those of us who have lost a child, too.

i know people try to understand or think they do, but i also know that there is no way they can possibly understand unless they have been there. honestly, i wish no one else had to understand, but my wish doesn't count. so every day more and more parents discover the truth of those words. by losing a part of their family, they join a different kind of family.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't forget, Halo, I do understand,I lost my first son 7 years ago on May 1st 2001. He was born too early and lived only a few minutes after birth. I just wanted you to know that you are not alone and I understand your grief and saddness and my heart goes out to you.I love you. Your cousin Alicia