Sunday, August 24, 2008

gasp!

there is a chance my little digital camera is dying.

at this point i can't tell if it is camera or the batteries. i have 3 battery packs for it. two are actual canon batteries and one is an aftermarket version. all of the batteries show up as fully charged in the charger, but when i put them in the camera it acts weird. you turn it on, it shuts down almost immediately and says "change the battery pack." finally, last night i got the camera to stay on for more than a minute, and this morning it still works ok.

so now the debate is whether to get a new battery or possibly start shopping for a new camera or both.

i like my camera. it's a canon digital elph. and i've always got the SLR (but it is a bit too big to take with me everywhere and it requires actual film). i'd be ok with a camera that is a bit bigger than the elph and with more of a zoom and definitely more megapixels.

some of my fellow bloggers take such beautiful pictures, and here i am stuck in snapshot land. i really wish i had a camera that could do more and the time to learn how to use it!

so here's a question: what camera do you have? do you like it? what would you change/do differently if you were buying your camera again?

2 comments:

chelle said...

I have a Canon Rebel SLR .. I luv it! She is my third baby. I so wish I still had a point and shoot though, for the days that taking the slr is not doable (to the beach with two children!)

Lisa said...

I have a sony cybershot point and shoot. I used to have a 3xoptical 5x digital zoom but JD dropped it in the water....I loved the camera so much that I bought the exact same one with more zoom. My new one has 10x optical and 20x digital. The only thing I'm not crazy about is the fact that it has a lens cap (it's just annoying to remember to put it on and take it off). Whatever you do, get a camera that can also take video!

Good luck and let me know what you decide!